Interested in working at Tenant?
We are currently accepting resumes to place on file. If you are interested in a career in construction management at Tenant Contractors, Inc. please fill out the form below. You may also email, fax or mail your resume to the following:
Tenant Contractors, Inc.
P.O. Box 23010
Jacksonville, FL 32241
Entry Level Estimator and Assistant Project Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated Entry Level Assistant Estimator / Assistant Project Manager excited to advance a career within the Commercial Construction Industry. The qualified candidate will be task oriented, high energy and compelled to learn a new industry. The individual best suited for this opportunity will be extremely organized, detail oriented and able to work in deadline driven environment.
He/ she will possess the ability to build professional relationships both internally, project team(s) and externally with customer representatives, subcontractors and vendors.
The Company serves clients in the Commercial Retail, Restaurant, Medical & Warehouse industries. Services include General Contracting, Consulting/ Planning, Design-Build, Remodeling, and Tenant Improvement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzing project plans, specifications, and contract documents to aid in preparation of accurate competitive bids
- Prepare and submit permitting documents
- Preforming quality take-off
- Request quotes from Subcontractors and materials to build estimates.
- Qualify bidding vendors and subcontractors.
- Managing our subcontractor database and develop innovative ways to improve our bid management processes.
- Prepare contracts
- Assist with budgeting
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Must be motivated to work with a growing company.
- Must own a working vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
- Construction experience is not required
We are looking for a hands-on Superintendent with experience supervising of subcontractors, direct labor and vendors. This candidate must be willing to learn and develop professionally within our company.
As a top performer you will be providing outstanding customer satisfaction and completing projects on time, within budget within a Standard of Excellence. If you like a challenging role in the Commercial Construction industry Tenant Contractors will allow you to use your talented skills, then this role is for you!
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Plan, direct, own the entire jobsite. Provide outstanding communication, customer satisfaction and manage self and team to achieve effective layout of jobsite, critical path to complete the project on time within budget.
- Communicate scope with operations, customers, subcontractors, vendors, daily labor, and be knowledgeable, courteous and build trust with customer.
- Superior knowledge of multiple trades including hands-on carpentry skills, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and able to manage detailed plans for the successful completion of the scope of work with a thorough understanding of blueprints
- Willing to train, self-perform and inspect all trades to ensure punch work is completed with the highest quality passing inspections and exceeding customer expectations.
- Successfully supervise and assign task to multiple subcontractors, local daily labor, and vendors.
- Provide positive coaching and training while motivating the team to produce quality work and ensure all company and customer Safety Standards are met with all individuals on the job site.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Front desk face of the Company, greeting visitors handling mail, FedEx, etc. including phone systems.
- Assisting the Office Manager and Project Management Team with daily requests
- Experience processing subcontracts and sub lien releases.
- Strong ability to track documents and communicate effectively with subcontractors
- Strong attention to detail as well as organizational skills
- Able to process and file/archive paperwork efficiently and correctly.
- Create and Maintain Subcontractor logs for active jobs
- Preparing client warranty books
Qualifications & Requirements
- Pass National Background Check and Drug Test
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook Skills
- Experience in construction industry for terminology and processes is a must
- Stong written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize important and pressing tasks
- Great organizational skills and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to multi-task
Part Time, 24 to 32 hours per week
7:30 am – 4:30pm